2/24/2007

1984 - connection to me

What if you are Winston in the story? What would you do? Would you try to change the government?
If I am Winston in the story, I wouldn’t just go out and go against the government without any plan. First I will pretend I am on Big Brother’s side and serve him. Obey everyone from thought police and Inner Party. Soon or later if no one can read my mind, I will be part of Inner Party. The higher position I am, more freedom I get. On the way to be part of Inner Party, I will meet many people. Among them, there will be people who are against Big Brother. I will gather them secretly and prepare for revolution. If I have good leadership, more and more people will gather around me and I will have more power. If I am careful enough and don’t have any spies in my group, soon or later I will meet Big Brother if he even exist and probably murder him. If he doesn’t exist I will probably tell the whole nation that there Big Brother doesn’t exist. Then the whole nation will be confused and be in chaos. Meanwhile I will get my group ready and attack the Inner Party. It’s like gambling but better than not trying anything. If this doesn’t work, I will bite my tongue and die. I will be the only one who will be blamed for doing this not others. Many leaders have tried this. It didn’t always work out but I think it worth a try. If I don’t make it to the end, someone might be motivated of what I did and try other plan. Giving up before even trying is stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with your idea. I think it is a great idea to change the government. It might be risky, but I too think it is worth it than doing nothing. But, I did not get the part you said that you would simply kill yourself by biting your own tongue, if the plan does not work. When it is dangerous, wouldn’t you try to survive and work to change the government, until the government catches you? Anyways, I think your idea is dangerous, but it is the safest way to change the government that I can think of.